I'm Donny. I'm a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.
Are you looking for the best peer-to-peer (P2P) crypto exchange in 2023? I’ve got you covered. Read on to discover the top P2P bitcoin exchanges and more in this round-up.
Best P2P Marketplace
Best Customer Service
Fastest P2P Platform
0% trading fees for first month
Free Bitcoin wallet for signing up
Receive a USDT welcome bonus
Mystery boxes worth up to $500
Does searching through dozens of P2P crypto exchanges make you feel overwhelmed? With 16% of Americans involved in cryptocurrency and 1.5 million weekly users on Binance P2P alone, there are thousands of people looking for a trustworthy P2P company.
I’ve researched the top companies for you, and I’m excited to bring you all the information you need on P2P crypto exchanges and altcoin trading sites. My round-up accounts for many factors, and you’re bound to find a company that works for you.
Are you looking for a company with high anonymity? Or perhaps you want a business with low fees. Whatever your needs are, there’s something for you on this list.
Keep reading, and you can learn how to choose a company, tips for starting an account and how to stay safe online.
5 Best Peer-to-Peer Crypto Exchanges
- LocalBitcoins – Editors’ choice
- Paxful – Best P2P Bitcoin marketplace
- Huobi – Best customer service
- KuCoin – Fasted P2P crypto platform
- Hodl Hodl – Best multi-sig P2P Bitcoin platform
I considered many factors when making this list, from reliability to customer service. The companies in this round-up have accessible interfaces, low fees and high security.
Often, the top customer concern is liquidity. Will your crypto assets be easily moveable? Fortunately, the companies on this list have high liquidity and readily translate to other currencies such as Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, USDT, Dogecoin, and more.
I’ve also included company history, where you can read about the number of years in business and the leadership team. Whatever your concerns are, these top companies address everything you need.
LocalBitcoins – Editors’ Choice
- Features – LocalBitcoins is a P2P cryptocurrency exchange specifically for bitcoin exchanges. It offers over 150 payment methods.
- Fees – The company has no transaction fees.
- Account minimum – LocalBitcoins has a $0 account minimum.
- Promotion – LocalBitcoins offers no trading fees for the first month.
Why I chose LocalBitcoins – LocalBitcoins makes this list because it’s a trusted company with many payment methods.The escrow system helps add an extra layer of security and keep your digital assets safe.
Best for – LocalBitcoins is ideal for active traders and international traders looking to trade bitcoin.
Paxful – Best Bitcoin P2P Marketplace
With over 6 million global users, Paxful is the leading name in P2P trading. The company started as a payment processing platform in 2015 and expanded into the crypto industry soon after.
- Features – At Paxful, you can buy and sell bitcoin with over 350 payment methods. It’s a trading marketplace with a rewards program and a secure wallet.
- Fees – This P2P crypto exchange charges no fees for buying crypto. However, sellers pay a 0.5-5% fee.
- Account minimum – The account minimum at Paxful is $10.
- Promotion – Paxful doesn’t have any current promotions.
Why I Chose Paxful – I like Paxful because it’s very user-friendly and accessible.It’s a large, trusted company with many payment methods and a great place to buy Bitcoin.
Best for – Paxful is ideal for Bitcoin traders, people new to Bitcoin, international traders and customers looking to purchase with currencies other than USD.
Huobi – Best Customer Service
Huobi is a cryptocurrency exchange platform based near India. Leon Li founded Huobi in 2013, which features spot trading and fiat currencies.
- Features – Huobi is a P2P marketplace where you can buy and sell crypto.
- Fees – There are no commission fees at Huobi.
- Account minimum – The account minimum is $0.
- Promotion – Huobi has no current promotions.
Why I chose Huobi – I like Huobi because of its low fees and options for staking and voting.You can also get quick crypto loans and use many different payment methods.
Best for – Huobi, based in the Indian Ocean, is best for global traders.
KuCoin – Fastest P2P Crypto Platform
KuCoin started in 2017 as the brainchild of two blockchain adaptors. Like Bybit or Bisq, it’s a decentralized exchange with P2P trading exchanges and margin trading. The company is a competitor of WazirX.
- Features – You can buy and sell crypto assets, including Ethereum, Bitcoin, Binance Coin, and other Altcoins. KuCoin is a P2P crypto marketplace that takes many popular payment methods.
- Fees – Fees are $0 at KuCoin.
- Account minimum – KuCoin has an account minimum of $0.
- Promotion – There are no current promotions at KuCoin.
Why I Chose KuCoin – KuCoin has low fees and is easy to use, making it one of the best trading platforms.
Best for – KuCoin is for active traders and investors new to crypto exchange platforms.
Hodl Hodl – Best Multisig P2P Bitcoin Platform
- Features – Hodl Hodl is a P2P bitcoin exchange where you can buy, sell and trade Bitcoin. The company also offers crypto lending in several Altcoins and Stablecoins, e.g., Tether.
- Fees – The fee per transaction is 0.6%, equally split between both parties of the trade. The maximum you’ll have to pay is 0.3% per trade.
- Account minimum – The minimum deposit you need for an account is $0.
- Promotion – Hodl Hodl has no current promotions.
Why I Chose Hodl Hodl – I prefer Hodl Hodl’s high level of anonymity and easy-to-use P2P lending system. It’s also a secure company I can trust with my bank account or credit card information.
Best for – Hodl Hodl is ideal for global traders and people active in the crypto ecosystem.
Peer-to-Peer Crypto Exchange Guide for Beginners
Consider these aspects when choosing a P2P trading platform.
Understanding P2P Crypto Exchange Fees
P2P crypto exchanges have several fees you need to be aware of:
- Trading fees occur when you buy or sell crypto to another peer. Often, the seller incurs the cost, but sometimes it is split.
- Advertising fees are when the seller chooses to post ads for a fee.
How to Open a P2P Crypto Exchange Account
Follow this step-by-step process to open a P2P exchange account.
Gather your information and documentation:
- Full name and date of birth
- Phone number and email address
- Physical address
- Social security number
- A government-issued ID
- Funding source
Steps to opening an account:
- Complete personal information and questions.
- Upload your ID or passport.
- Add a payment method.
- Start buying, selling, trading and lending crypto.
Which P2P Crypto Exchange is Best for Me?
The best crypto P2P exchange depends on your needs, but my pick is LocalBitcoins, as it has many payment methods and features Bitcoin. Take action today and sign up for an account!
P2P Crypto Exchange FAQs
Learn more about P2P crypto exchanges with these commonly asked questions.
What is a P2P crypto exchange?
In a P2P crypto company, you interact directly with buyers and sellers to trade cryptocurrencies. Your money never goes through a third-party or centralized exchange.
How do P2P crypto exchanges work?
In P2P exchanges, you browse the site for current sales. Then, you can reach out to sellers directly or post your crypto to sell.
Is P2P the best way to buy crypto?
There are many great ways to buy crypto, but P2P is the best crypto trading method for people who want more freedom and lower fees.
Is P2P crypto trading risky?
As a disclaimer, P2P crypto trading can be risky, as it’s up to you to verify the legitimacy of your peers. However, most companies have escrow systems that provide extra security.