I'm Donny. I'm a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.
Birch Gold Group is a reputable precious metals dealer with hundreds of positive customer reviews.
- High level of customer service
- Commitment to customer education
- 1,000s of positive customer reviews
- Low investment minimum
- No online purchases
- Must speak with an IRA specialist
Are you wondering how you can protect your savings from the constant rise and fall of traditional IRA investing? Increasing interest rates, inflation and volatility have left many investors concerned about their retirements.
Many investors choose to protect themselves by leaving stock market investing and investing in physical gold in a gold IRA. If you’re looking into opening a gold IRA account, there are many companies to choose from.
One of the most popular is Birch Gold Group. Since 2003, Birch Gold has served over 14,000 customers, securing its role as one of the United States’ leading dealers of precious metals.
This article will review Birch Gold Group to help you decide whether Birch Gold is the right company for your investment.
What is Birch Gold Group?
Laith Alsarraf founded Birch Gold Group in 2003. Now, the company consists of various precious metal IRA specialists and experts who combine their skills to create one dynamic team to help customers diversify their portfolios with precious metals.
Birch Gold Group has a Better Business Bureau A+ rating, a five-star rating from TrustLink, a five-star rating from ConsumerAffairs, an AAA rating from the Business Consumer Alliance and a five-star Trustpilot rating.
Birch Gold Services
Like most gold IRA companies, Birch Gold Group has many services that can assist investors in different ways.
Most significantly, Birch Gold Group offers a precious metals IRA, and home delivery for the direct purchase of precious metals.
Precious Metals IRA
The IRS requires that all IRAs have a custodian to take care of the account. While you can direct the account, you cannot manage your investment or keep it in your home.
Birch Gold Group provides precious metals IRA investing to its customers. Birch Gold Group offers investors the opportunity to invest in IRS-approved coins and bullion in gold, silver, palladium and platinum.
Birch Gold Group facilitate the purchase of precious metals, and a third party custodian handles other administrative duties related to the IRAs and will help you manage the following:
- Purchasing qualifying metals: The IRS only approves certain kinds of metals and coins for your IRA. Birch Gold Group will ensure you only use qualifying silver and gold coins and other metals.
- Metals storage: You must keep IRA precious metals in an IRA-approved storage facility. Birch Gold Group will provide storage options with third party facilities that they partner with.
- Scam avoidance: Many shady companies will try and sell you non-qualifying gold or silver, convince you that you may use home storage for an IRA or set you up for poor investing. Using a reputable company such as Birch Gold Group can protect yourself and your retirement savings.
- IRS guidelines: The IRS has many rules and regulations around gold and silver IRAs. When working with an IRA, Birch Gold only sells IRS approved metals.
- IRA rollover: Precious metals IRAs must abide by all traditional regulations, including contribution limits. Many investors must rollover from another IRA to invest above the annual limit. Birch Gold Group will assist you through the rollover process.
Some investors prefer to keep their metals at home, even if it means a loss of tax benefits. For those investors, Birch Gold Group can act as a traditional precious metals dealer and will send your precious metals purchase directly to your home.
Purchasing precious metals for your personal investment portfolio is simple. There is no need for a rollover from another account; you can simply use a wire transfer to make your purchase directly from Birch Gold Group.
Keeping your metals at home ensures you have constant access to your investment. Direct purchases of precious metals are easy to liquidate, making precious metals a popular option for investors who want protection against market volatility.
You can purchase the four most common precious metals through Birch Gold Group: gold, silver, palladium and platinum.
Birch Gold Group has a minimum investment requirement of $10,000 for this option.
Birch Gold Group is one of the only precious metals IRA dealers that allows investors to choose where they keep their gold.
Most gold IRA companies have deals with one IRS-approved facility, and investors have no choice but to use that option.
Birch Gold Group allows investors to choose where they want to keep their metals: The Delaware Depository, Brink’s Global Services, Texas Precious Metals Depository, and International Depository Services.
All storage facilities are highly secure and reputable storage options.
Birch Gold Fees & Minimum Investment
Precious Metals IRA Transactions (fees may vary)
|Account Setup Fee||$50|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$30|
|Custodian Fees||$180 per year|
Who Should Use Birch Gold Group?
You should consider a Birch Gold IRA if the following apply to you:
- You’re a first-time gold or precious metals investor.
- You’re looking for ways to diversify your retirement account.
- You’re looking for a gold IRA opportunity with low management fees.
How Does Birch Gold Compare?
$180/year (custodian fees)
1st year fees waived (over $50k accounts)
Up to $10,000 or more in free silver (with a qualified account)
Zero fees for up to 10 years (depending on the investment amount) (depending on the investment amount)
Getting Started with Birch Gold
If you decide to invest with Birch Gold Group, the company’s representatives will guide you in opening your new account, including the rollover process.
For most new customers, the process of investing with Birch Gold Group follows these steps:
- Request a free info kit: Birch Gold Group is committed to customer education. Reading through the company’s information kit will help you understand the precious metals investing process.
- Talk to a representative: You can take a phone call with a precious metals specialist or IRA specialist from Birch Gold Group, who will provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have.
- Choose your funding method: While Birch Group has a $10,000 minimum investment amount. Because this is over the contribution limit, you will need to use a rollover and pull funds from another qualifying IRA.
- Pick your precious metals: Birch Gold Group supports precious metals IRAs that contain gold, silver, platinum and palladium.
- Pay your custodian fees: After you have selected how you want your account to be set up, you will have to make a one-time payment for account setup and the first year’s fees.
- Store metals in a depository: Depending on the custodian that you choose, will depend on the storage facilities that you will be able to use.
Birch Gold Group Reviews
Working with the Birch Gold Group, Noah Neijer and Lana Lee, is amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable, articulate, efficient and extremely customer service oriented. They are two people who are comfortable to work with and can answer all my questions!. I am very pleased with the ease of the transaction and look forward to continue business with the Birch Gold Group.Donna Y. Verified Google Customer
I heard about Birch Gold from a reputable source. I researched several direct purchase Gold suppliers and settled on Birch Gold. The reason why I chose them is because they were transparent, timely, and took the time to answer all of my questions. My package arrived intact, accurate, and in a timely fashion . I can’t imagine using anyone else in the future.
Jas S., Verified Trustpilot Customer
Should I Buy from Birch Gold Group?
Birch Gold reviews present high ratings and positive feedback from many independent business review companies. The group offers excellent customer service and is committed to customer education.
Birch Gold Group is also one of the only gold IRA companies to offer precious metals investments aside from gold and silver.
If you have concerns about market volatility or the safety of your retirement savings, talk to your financial advisor about a precious metals IRA investment through Birch Gold Group.
Birch Gold FAQs
These are the most commonly asked questions about Birch Gold Group.
Is Birch Gold Group a reputable company?
Hundreds of positive Birch Gold Group reviews from verified review websites indicate that it’s a reputable company.
Who owns Birch Gold Group?
Laith Alsarraf founded the company in 2003 and currently owns Birch Gold Group.
Is Birch Gold endorsed by Ben Shapiro, Steve Bannon, and Phillip Patrick?
Yes, Ben Shapiro, Steve Bannon and Phillip Patrick endorse Birch Gold Group.
Does Birch Gold have any pending lawsuits or customer complaints?
Birch Gold Group does not have any outstanding complaints or lawsuits.
Where is Birch Gold located?
The headquarters of Birch Gold Group is in Burbank, California. Their address is 3500 West Olive Ave., Suite 300, Burbank, CA, 91505.
Birch Gold Group
Birch Gold Group offers precious metal IRAs and precious metal sales with an emphasis on customer education and all-in-one service.
Product Brand: Birch Gold Group