I'm Donny. I'm a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.
Credible personal loans is a free-to-use loan approval company that does not charge origination fees or prepayment penalties.
AT A GLANCE
- Rates from 5.40% - 35.99% APR
- Loan amounts from $600 to $100,000
- Prequalified rates from up to 16 lenders
Best Loan Marketplace
Pros & Cons
Do you need a student loan, but you don’t know where to start?
Using Credible personal loans is one of the best ways people in all economic standings can get a loan that meets their needs. Credible offers student loans, mortgage refinancing, home loans, personal loans, parent plus loans, and much more.
With a wide range of loan options for people at different points of their lives, Credible can help provide guidance and services to those looking to work with lenders.
But what happens if you don’t receive any pre-qualified rates? Don’t worry - Credible has you covered. Credible Personal Loans provides you with additional options on your user Dashboard.
Credible focuses on providing every client with options that work for them. Check out our in-depth Credible Personal Loans review to feel confident moving forwards.
Loan Amount: Up to $100,000
APRs: 5.40% - 35.99%
Min. Credit Score: 620
Credible is an online marketplace that provides consumers and investors with the tools to compare offers, evaluate lenders, and select the ideal service providers for your needs.
Unlike a specific bank or lender, Credible simply provides customers with options to connect with professional investors to find a unique and personalized solution.
Credible stands out among the competition - with a quick and easy sign-up form, customers can easily see their options and personalized rates. But won’t this hurt your hard-earned credit score? fortunately, no!
If you are using Credible to check your pre-qualified rates, this doesn’t detract from your score - which would make you less likely to get a loan offer.
When compared to the other financial advisory sites, Credible provides you with comprehensive information from every single lender - not just an overview of one specific service provider.
Credible Loan Services
There are many different loans available from Credible Personal Loans. The most common types of personal loan services include student loans, mortgage refinancing, home loans, personal loans, and Parent PLUS loans.
- Student Loans - Credible lets you compare student loan refinancing options ranging from 2.94-13% APR. For young people and students, they want everything fast and at the touch of a button. With Credible, they can compare up to 12 different lenders in just 3 minutes.
- Mortgage refinancing - Credible provides accurate rates from multiple lenders, automates the document uploading process, and provides personalized prequalified rates. There are many benefits to refinancing your home, such as:
- Lower your interest rate - A higher credit score and better market conditions can qualify for a lower interest rate.
- Lower monthly payment - Refinancing in a longer loan term can help you spread out your payments.
- Cash-out refinance - Take out personal loans to pay off debt
- Avoid paying mortgage insurance - Avoid needing to pay FHA insurance premiums
- Home loans - Credible provides you with research tools to see how much you can afford, provides a pre-approval letter, and compares home loan rates.
- Personal Loans - Credible lets clients compare rates from popular lenders (ex: Discover or Upstart), close your loan, and fund your overall goal.
- Parent PLUS loans - Credible guarantees that its financial lenders use both private and federal loans to finance a customer’s education.
How to Qualify for a Loan
Credible makes everything easy - and qualifying for a loan is no different. Confused about how to start? Don’t be - follow these easy steps.
- Using the online marketplace, users can fill out the two-minute form and instantly see what loans you qualify for, the lenders you can use, and the rates.
- If you want to increase your chances of prequalifying for one of the loans available, consider using a co-signer.
- Use the online tool on Credible’s website to see the types of loans you can apply for with and without a cosigner - keep in mind, using a co-signer may provide the best rates for customers.
- Other documents and information that you should keep in mind when applying for a specific type of loan (i.e. home loan) is your credit score, necessary down payment, maximum debt-to-income ratio, and maximum loan value.
Who is Credible Best For?
The best part about Credible is that anyone and everyone can use it - you can be a student just out of college, shopping for your first home, or applying for your first personal loan.
Credible offers every customer different options along the way, working with each customer’s unique needs to find out what is best for their unique situation.
If you are looking to pay off other loans, Credible is arguably the best option to help with debt consolidation. Debt consolidation is debt refinancing, where an individual takes out one loan to pay off others.
Credible helps customers secure a lower interest rate to the entire amount of debt, increasing customer convenience of having only to pay off one loan.
Refinancing Student Loans
Another person who should look to use Credible for financial stability is young professionals who are struggling to refinance their student loans.
Refinancing student loans can help you save money on interest, make lower payments, shorten the length of the loan, switch loan types, or consolidate your bills. Credible can help you do all of the above - and more!
The last person who should strongly consider using Credible is a new homeowner who wants to refinance their mortgage. Credible can help homeowners compare their current amortization schedule to a new mortgage schedule, helping homeowners increase their net worth.
Should I Apply for a Loan with Credible?
Credible is a reputable and ‘credible’ company that provides all customers with lender options that work for their unique needs.
Are you looking for affordable student loans? Do you need to refinance your mortgage? Whatever the need, Credible has you covered.
Credible offers multiple loan options, various lenders, and fewer time-consuming forms, increasing the user ease-of-use and streamlining the loan application process. by offering easy step=-by-step guides and a simple two-minute form, Credible provides personalized prequalified rates for every customer.
If you are worried about the state of your housing property, use Credible to refinance your home. Credible can help you get a better interest rate, lower your monthly payments, pay off high-interest debt, prevent increased monthly payments, and avoid paying mortgage insurance.
Do you need a personal loan to pay off a debt? It's as simple as that! Credible can help you compare rates, choose your preferred rate and interest term, close your loan, and fund your overarching goal. It's as simple as that!
Maybe you are just out of college (congratulations!), and you need to refinance your student loans. Credible can help you choose the perfect lender to pay off your debt by evaluating APR, payment options, and the total repayment amount.
Compare to Other Lenders
Credible is a legitimate loan company - hence the name. Even though consumers can sometimes be wary of free services, Credible is the exception - this free service for users provides plenty of prequalified rates, provides options to those who did not receive any rates, and view qualified rates without negatively impacting your credit score.
Once a customer receives pre-qualified rates on their Credible Dashboard, they will then have to wait between approximately 1-2 business days to receive an offer of credit from a lender.
Although each lender has a different timeline, they are usually very prompt.
Maybe you forgot to pay off a credit card a long time ago and closed the line of credit. Sometimes, little things like this can add up - and your credit score will decline because of it.
The first thing you should do when using Credible is to use the two-minute form to see if you qualify for Credible’s services. Your Average APR rate will directly correlate with your credit score range.
The lower your credit score is, the higher your average APR will be (i.e. a credit score of less than 600 is equivalent to an APR of 32.06%).
Typically, you will need to have at least 620 to qualify. If you are worried that your credit score is too low to qualify for a pre-approved loan, consider using a co-signer to add validity to your name.
Credible has a tool that lets you compare loan options when using a co-signer vs. going at it on your own.
Customers can expect to pay between 4.49% and 35.99% on a personal loan. The interest rate directly depends on your credit score, debt-to-income ratio, current debt, and the source of your loan.
Credible offers personal loans that can be used to consolidate credit card debt, finance weddings, fund home improvement projects, pay for moving expenses, and so much more.