I'm Donny. I'm a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.
Augusta Precious Metals is a reliable gold IRA provider with hundreds of positive customer reviews.
- Lifetime customer support
- Verified customer reviews from BBB and Trustlink
- One-on-one web conference by Harvard-trained on-staff economic analyst
- Joe Montana is a customer and paid corporate ambassador
- No online purchase available
- $50,000 investment minimum
During these times of increased economic volatility, high interest rates and soaring inflation, many retirement savers are looking for alternative options to protect themselves.
An easy way to do this is through a precious metals IRA. But how can you find one?
Augusta Precious Metals is a precious metals company that can help you set up a gold or silver IRA to protect you by hedging against the negative effects of inflation and a volatile economy.
Check out our review to see whether it’s right for you.
What is Augusta Precious Metals?
Augusta Precious Metals is a highly rated gold IRA company. It has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, a five-star rating from Consumer Affairs, an AAA rating from the Business-Consumer Alliance and a five-star rating from Trustlink.
Isaac Nuriani founded Augusta Precious Metals in 2012 to create a way for investors to diversify their portfolios and learn about precious metals safely and securely.
The fate of our economy in 2023 is uncertain. Retirement savers need to learn why precious metals are poised to thrive within all this uncertainty.
Devlyn Steele, Director of Education at Augusta Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals Services
Per IRS regulations, you cannot be the account custodian for your retirement account, whether it’s a Roth IRA or gold IRA.
If you want to open a precious metals IRA, Augusta Precious Metals can act as your liaison with its preferred account custodian.
Whether or not you choose to use Augusta Precious Metals’ preferred custodian as your account custodian, the company can assist you with the following:
- Precious Metals Storage: You cannot keep IRA precious metals in your home — they must be placed in an IRS-compliant depository. Augusta Precious Metals recommends the Delaware Depository, a reputable facility with reasonable storage fees.
- Account Management: IRA custodians such will typically provide you with account administration. This will help you manage annual fees, understand your investment and follow IRS guidelines.
- Choosing Eligible Metals: The IRS only allows certain precious metals for an IRA. Augusta Precious Metals can explain which metals are IRS-approved.
Silver and Gold IRA
Augusta Precious Metals can help you source IRS-approved gold and silver coins for your account, such as:
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf
- Gold Canadian Eagle
- Gold American Eagle
- American Buffalo
- American Eagle Proof
- Australian Striped Marlin
- Canadian Silver Eagle
- American Silver Eagle
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf
After you have chosen your metals, Augusta Precious Metals will send them on your behalf to one of the facilities of the Delaware Depository.
It has locations in:
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Shiner, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- New York, New York
- Nampa, Idaho
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Los Angeles, California
Most gold IRA companies charge hidden management fees, but Augusta Precious Metals is the exception.
However, it does charge a one-time account setup fee. It pays your annual storage fees (which comes from the depository rather than Augusta Precious Metals) and an annual custodian maintenance fee for up to 10 years for you.
Augusta Precious Metals will also buy back your gold and silver when it comes time to take distributions from your account. They can’t legally guarantee a buy-back, but to date have not declined a buy-back request.
Augusta Precious Metals’ buy-back program may make it easier to liquidate your investment and could save you the trouble of finding a buyer.
Silver and Gold Cash Purchases
A precious metals IRA requires you to keep your assets in an IRS-compliant storage facility. Some investors prefer to skip the IRA and buy gold or silver directly.
Augusta Precious Metals can provide you with these services as well.
Augusta Precious Metals is a trusted gold and silver dealer that can help you purchase various popular precious metal options, including silver and gold bars or coins.
Purchasing from trusted metals dealers such as Augusta Precious Metals will protect you from scams such as shaved coins, poor-quality gold or silver bars and fake coins.
If you purchase through Augusta Precious Metals, you can buy the following:
- Verified gold or silver premium coins
- Silver bullion
- Gold bullion
Account Lifetime Support
Retirement savings are one of the most valuable assets you can own, and Augusta Precious Metals will help you find a storage facility to keep your assets safe and purchase physical gold and silver with the potential to add to your financial growth.
If you have any questions or concerns about your account, Augusta Precious Metals offers full account support to give you peace of mind.
Their account lifetime customer support ensures that someone is always available to go over your account details and make any necessary adjustments.
This ensures that you know exactly what to expect when it comes time to cash out, including calculating your account’s value.
Augusta Precious Metals Fees & Minimum Investment
Precious Metals IRA Transactions
|Setup Fee for IRA||$50|
|Custodial Fee||$100 per year|
|Storage Fee||$100 per year|
|Storage Fee||$100 (if stored in a depository; $0 if stored by you)|
Who Should Use Augusta Precious Metals?
You should consider Augusta Precious Metals if the following apply to you:
- You are looking for new ways to diversify your investment portfolio.
- You are looking for a trusted, reputable precious metals dealer.
- You are looking for a reliable gold IRA account custodian.
- You can meet the minimum investment of $50,000.
How Does Augusta Precious Metals Compare?
| || || |
$180/year (custodian fees)
Zero fees for up to 10 years (depending on the investment amount) (depending on the investment amount)
Up to $10,000 or more in free silver (with a qualified account)
1st year fees waived (over $50k accounts)
Getting Started with Augusta Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals’ on-staff professionals will guide you through the process of rolling over part of your savings into a gold IRA.
Here is a general outline of the process you will follow to open a gold IRA with Augusta Precious Metals.
- Request a One-on-One Web Conference: Augusta Precious Metals will conduct a free, one-on-one educational web conference for potential investors who have questions or concerns about their purchases.
- Talk to an IRA Professional: After your initial meeting, Augusta Precious Metals will have an IRA customer success agent contact you to ensure you fully understand your options. This professional can provide more information, giving you peace of mind about your choice.
- Create your new IRA: Once you feel confident in your decision to open an account, Augusta Precious Metals will guide you through the process of opening your IRA.
- Fund your self-directed IRA: Because Augusta Precious Metals’ minimum investment is above the set IRS contribution maximum, you will need to do an IRA rollover. You must choose from a qualifying retirement account to fund your precious metals IRA. Most investors choose an existing IRA or 401(k).
- Purchase gold or silver: There are many gold and silver options to choose from, including bullion products or coins. Augusta Precious Metals can help you identify the most popular products available.
Augusta Precious Metals Reviews
I was recommended Augusta Precious Metals by a friend. I was interested in learning more about a precious metals IRA. They set up a zoom meeting and I was provided with a very detailed presentation. Afterwards they answered all of my questions. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. The individuals I have corresponded with have been very professional.Sasha D., Verified Trustlink customer
My experience with Augusta Precious Metals has been excellent!! Their support and education through Set-Up, Transfer and Monitoring is great. Each representative I have spoken with has been very personable, knowledgeable and helpful. Augusta also proactively keeps you informed of each step/transaction in the process.Murray S., Verified Google customer
Should I Invest with Augusta Precious Metals?
Precious metals have the potential to provide you with a hedge against inflation and could help you overcome losses in the event of a crash.
One of the best precious metals IRA dealers is Augusta Precious Metals. Their solid educational materials and low-pressure sales tactics have made them a favorite of many investors.
Contact your IRA advisor about physical gold and silver options if you’re looking into portfolio diversification because of economic uncertainty.
Augusta Precious Metals FAQ’s
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Augusta Precious Metals.
Is Augusta Precious Metals a legit company?
Yes, Augusta Precious Metals is a legitimate company that provides high-quality investing services.
Who owns Augusta Precious Metals?
Isaac Nuriani is the founder, owner and CEO of Augusta Precious Metals.
Does Joe Montana endorse Augusta Precious Metals?
Yes. Joe Montana is a customer and paid spokesperson for Augusta Precious Metals
Does Augusta Precious Metals have any pending lawsuits or complaints?
No. Augusta Precious Metals has no pending lawsuits or complaints and hasn’t since 2012.
Who is Devlyn Steele?
Devlyn Steele is the director of education for Augusta Precious Metals. He graduated from Harvard Business School with a master’s degree in analytics.
What is Augusta Precious Metals’ address?
Augusta Precious Metals’ headquarters address is 8484 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 515, Beverly Hills, California, 90211.
Augusta helps retirement savers gain peace of mind by diversifying savings with gold and silver. Request their free gold IRA guide.
*Past customers received silver coins as a thank-you for reviews.
Augusta Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals is a company that prides itself in helping individuals build and protect wealth through silver and gold IRAs.
Product Brand: Augusta Precious Metals
I'm Donny. I'm a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.More Posts