Cannabis is one of the hottest industries right now, but which stock should you buy? Keep on reading to find out whether Planet 13 Holdings is the stock for you.
|PLANET 13 HOLDINGS INC|
|Drug Manufacturers—Specialty & Generic|
|2548 West Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, NV, United States|
The cannabis industry is one of the most exciting areas for business and investment in today’s world, and it’s set for explosive growth in the coming years. Making it an even more enticing prospect, Planet 13 is an industry leader.
Learn about Planet 13 here so you can learn whether this stock could be your ticket to success.
Understand all the advantages and potential drawbacks of buying Planet 13. Yes, there are some drawbacks, but many investors find the advantages outweigh them. This is a decision that only you can make.
There are plenty of reasons why you should buy Planet 13 and some factors that are distinct disadvantages. Like with any investment decision, you’ve got to know all the facts before making a decision.
What are the reasons why you should, and shouldn’t, buy Planet 13?
Why I like Public.com:
Public is the investing social network where members can own fractional shares of stocks and ETFs, follow popular creators, and share ideas within a community of investors.
Account Minimum: $0
Trading Fees: $0
Promotion: Free stocks with deposit
About Planet 13 Holdings
The Planet 13 Cannabis Entertainment Complex is an iconic Las Vegas spot. Situated near the Las Vegas Strip, this is the largest cannabis store on the planet. In 2018, it was chosen as the winner of Leafly’s Nevada Dispensary of the Year award.
Based in the state of Nevada, Planet 13 Holdings is synonymous with the U.S. cannabis industry. The company is expanding, reaching beyond its Nevada base to open a dispensary in California, make plans in Florida, and gaining a license in Chicago for one of its subsidiaries.
Planet 13 has an exciting and continually developing branded product portfolio. It offers its clientele a wide range of pre-rolls, concentrates, edibles, and vapes. This company prides itself on providing a superior customer experience.
This company distinguishes itself from others in the cannabis industry by giving customers an interactive and entertainment-focused experience. Plant 13 has full Nevada licensing for cannabis cultivation and retail distribution.
A vertically integrated company in the cannabis industry, Planet 13’s strong Nevada presence is one of its greatest strengths. The company boasts an impressively experienced and knowledgeable management team.
Larry Scheffler, a co-CEO, is a legendary businessperson and founder of Nevada’s largest privately-owned commercial printing company. The other co-CEO, Robert Groesbeck, is a lawyer with more than 25 years of experience.
Dennis Logan is Planet 13’s CFO. He has a plethora of experience in the world of finance, having been a leader in investment banking, financial advisory, and financial management roles.
Groesbeck is also an experienced entrepreneur, and he has been included in a list of the top 40 under 40 Southern Nevada Business Executives.
Planet 13’s VP of Operations is Chris Wren. He is extremely experienced in cannabis cultivation. In 2015, he won the 1st place prize in the International Cannagraphic Growers Cup. Wren’s experience in the cannabis industry stretches back more than 15 years.
There are plenty of reasons why you should think about investing in Planet 13. Let’s explore them below:
- In November 2020, the markets reported a 13.4% increase in the U.S. Marijuana Index.
- Growth is stable and optimistic overall, and the company managed to thrive even during the Trump administration.
- Planet 13 is expanding to areas outside of Nevada. They have grown beyond Nevada by opening a dispensary in California. Also, it recently achieved a solid agreement to get a Florida Cannabis License for medical marijuana.
- The company’s Q2 revenue this year (2021) is more than 205% higher than the previous year.
- Planet 13’s growth has been much stronger than major competitors, such as Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences ETF. The latter company’s stock’s growth was just 37% over the last year, while Planet 13’s number was 110%.
- Stock forecasts for Planet 13 include enormous growth. The AI stock analyst at WalletInvestor.com indicates fast and steady growth over the next several years. This strong and optimistic outlook makes buying this stock a great strategy.
While there is a strong case for buying Planet 13, there is certainly a bear case to be made. Let’s take a look at it below.
- On Friday, September 3, the Planet 13 Holdings Inc stock price experienced a 0.67 point fall. This reduced the price from $5 to $4.96. This was the culmination of two previous days of decline.
- This stock is in the midst of a short-term falling trend. The fall over the next few months is projected to be a 32.59% decrease.
- In July 2021, this company’s stock wasn’t as strong as the rest of this market, underperforming it by $0.19.
- Planet 13’s operating expenses have increased by almost 115% since last year, reaching $12.5M. This was a critical factor in an increase in the company’s net loss.
- Marketing and sales expenses have drastically increased, reaching $1.5M in Q2 of 2021.
- While the economic situation is improving, there is still a lot of uncertainty due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This has affected the cannabis industry, including Planet 13. This company relies on tourism to Las Vegas to a significant extent, and Covid-19 has severely impacted las Vegas’s economy.
Planet 13 Competitors
The cannabis industry is strong and here to stay. Each passing year sees greater acceptance and popularity for cannabis products and businesses. If you want to buy cannabis stock, Planet 13 is the ideal choice.
Like any other stock, Planet 13 has shortcomings. As long as you’re aware of them and keep them in mind when making your investment plans, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t make Planet 13 a part of your investment portfolio.
Serious investors aren’t overlooking the explosive growth potential of the cannabis industry during the coming years. Many are getting in now while the prices are relatively affordable and enjoy the benefits later on.
Every investment is an individual decision. Now you have information on the positive and negative aspects of Planet 13. You’re in a position to begin making a decision.
If you decide to purchase Planet 13 stock, you can do so through a qualified broker.
Should you invest $1,000 in Planet 13 Holdings right now?
Before you consider the Planet 13, you'll want to hear this.
An award-winning analyst team just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and the Planet 13 wasn't on the list.
The online investing service they've run for nearly two decades, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has beaten the stock market by over 4X.* And right now, they think there are 10 stocks that are better buys.
I’m Donny. I’m a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.