I'm Donny. I'm a world traveler, investor, entrepreneur, and online marketing aficionado who has a big appetite to compete and disrupt big markets. I thrive on being able to create things that impact change, difficult challenges, and being able to add value in negative situations.
Assurity Disability Insurance provides disability insurance to people who need it. This provides peace of mind to people who work in professions that have a higher risk of disability, so they know if they became completely or partly disabled, they could pay for the additional expenses they would incur because of their disability, and still be able to pay their bills.
AT A GLANCE
- Provides disability income
- Receive a paycheck for injury or illness
- Affordable monthly protection
- Flexible coverage options
Best Disability Insurance for Employers
Pros & Cons
If you’re looking for disability insurance, you may wonder who has the best rates and the best features. How much do their policies cost, and what benefits do they offer?
Assurity’s disability insurance products give their customers peace of mind, because they know they’ll be able to pay their bills if they become completely or partly disabled.
In this Assurity disability insurance review, we’ll provide information on the pros and cons of Assurity’s disability policies, the key features, how much it costs, who it’s best for, and whether it’s worth it or not.
Product: Disability Income Insurance
Fees: Varies by policy
Promotion: No current promotions
Assurity was founded in 1890. They provide many different types of insurance products designed to solve hard financial problems for individuals, families, businesses, and professional clients.
- Assurity’s disability policies have elimination periods of 30, 60, 90, 180, or 365 days, subject to a benefit period.
- Their benefit periods can be 1, 2, 5, or 10 years, or can payout at age 65 or 67.
- They define disability as not being able to work in your current occupation for two years, then not in any occupation after that.
- Their insurance policies are guaranteed to be renewed.
- They also have basic partial disability policies, which can be renewed with a rider.
Other built-in features include:
- Presumptive Total Disability – This presumes you’re totally disabled if you lose your ability to see, hear or talk, or can’t use your hands or feet. There’s no elimination period, and full benefits are paid regardless of whether you’re employed.
- Home modification benefit – This is an additional benefit paid to cover the cost of making changes to your home because of a disability.
- Survivor benefit – This lump sum is paid to the insured person’s beneficiaries if they die while receiving benefits.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Benefit – This voluntary benefit is an additional benefit paid while the insured is on a claim to pay for vocational rehabilitation.
- Organ Donor Benefit – This benefit covers disabilities caused by elective transplants.
- Waiver of Premium – This benefit covers premiums once the claim is approved.
How Much Does Assurity Disability Insurance Cost?
Premium amounts depend on your gender, age, current health, what you do for a living, and how much coverage you choose to purchase.
For example, a 47-year-old non-smoking woman working in a sedentary profession such as writing could pay as little as $31.37 a month for a $900 policy with a 90 day elimination period and a 5 year benefit period to as much as $42.03 per month for the same policy with a benefit period that lasts until age 65.
Who is Assurity Disability Insurance Best For?
Assurity disability Insurance is best for anyone who’s looking for affordable disability insurance that provides excellent benefits.
Is Assurity Disability Insurance Worth It?
Yes. Assurity’s disability policies provide many benefits, like short elimination periods, long benefit periods, and benefits that cover other costs associated with becoming disabled, like home modifications and vocational rehabilitation.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Assurity’s disability policies, contact them to speak to an agent.
Assurity Disability FAQ's
Yes, they’re a certified B corporation, and they’re committed to social and environmental accountability, transparency, and legal responsibility.
They’re also legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. They receive an A- rating with A.M. Best and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
More than 80% of Assurity’s customers start receiving disability income within 10 business days.
Pregnant women can’t receive disability income for a normal pregnancy. However, they can receive it for a total disability that results from complications from pregnancy.
Assurity disability insurance covers injuries that result in partial or total disability for a short or long period of time. This includes rehabilitation and the short period of time after you recover from your disability.
Assurity Disability Income
Assurity disability income insurance replaces some of your regular income if an injury or illness makes it impossible for you to work.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Assurity Disability Income
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: